The Brick House offers a tailor-made, high quality collections care and management service for corporate, public and private clients.
Working within the heritage sector for over 15 years has given us the experience, knowledge and passion to provide all clients with a museum-quality service, whether it is just for a single work of art or object or an entire collection. We are also well connected and valued by a network of leading museum-quality specialists and service providers, enabling us to deliver nothing but the best and to international standards.
The services we can offer and not limited to are:
Collections and Documentation
- Advice and development of collections management systems
- Cataloguing, inventories, collection surveys and rationalisation
- Accessioning, object marking and labelling
- Retrospective documentation, historical and provenance research and due diligence for collections review
- Policy and procedure writing for Documentation, Loans, Collections Care, Acquisition and Disposal etc.
- Complete management of incoming and outgoing loans, contractual agreements, insurance, indemnity, facilities reports, courier responsibilities, documentation etc.
- Emergency Plan/Incident Response Manual advice, writing and implementation
- Arts Council England Accreditation advice for museums and completion of Accreditation Returns
- Project management and organisation of fine art and object movements
- Planning the logistics and writing risk assessments
- Packing and making arrangements for transport
- Partial and complete audits of object locations
- Installation advice and solutions
- Advice on storage solutions, systems and environmental requirements
- Advise on pest management, environmental monitoring and control to prevent long-term damage
- Assessment and inventory of collections in store
Exhibitions and Access
- Organisation of in-house displays, touring exhibitions and loans
- Advice and solutions to installation
- Insurance, indemnity, exhibition costs and budget control
- Options for providing actual and virtual access to collections, complete project management and risk assessments
- Practical advice on income generating projects and programmes including grant writing and evaluation
All services can be provided on a short or long term basis; for a single object or long term management of an entire collection. And of course, if you have a particular project or requirement which is not listed then please do get in touch as we are sure to be able to help and achieve!